Did You Know . . . "DYK"A 1 cup serving of raw kale provides more vitamin C than a medium orange.
Health Benefits of Eating Kale (http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/popular-types-of-kale-and-their-health-benefits/)
Being a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, and disease fighting antioxidants, all varieties of kale offer an incredible amount of health benefits.Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants such as carotenoids and flavonoids to help protect against various cancers.
- On its own, kale is a low calorie food that is high in fiber and has zero fat. Fun fact: one cup of kale leaves has only 36 calories, offers 5 grams of fiber, and 0 grams of fat. Because it’s a good source of fiber, kale is a great leafy vegetable for aiding in digestion and intestinal cleansing.
- High in iron that’s good for proper liver function and per calorie, kale has more iron than beef!
- Per calorie, kale offers more calcium than milk.
- Kale is high in vitamin A – good for vision and skin. Vitamin C – helpful for your immune system, metabolism, and for hydration. Vitamin K – for protection against various cancers.
- …and so much more!
Whether you are new to preparing kale, or have loved it for years, here are a few of our favorite kale recipes here on One Green Planet:
- You have to try making your own Baked Kale Chips! They are so delicious and can be addicting; lucky for us, kale is low in calories.
- Do you enjoy a hot slice of pizza? It will taste even better when you make this Kale and Artichoke Pizza at home.
- Try this plant-based comfort food to stay full and satisfied: Kale and Mushroom Gratin
- Add kale to your morning juice or smoothie for an energizing and refreshing boost to get you through the day!